07 Feb Accounts Assistant
Job Reference: 2020/01ACLB
We are looking for a full or part time Accounts Assistant to work alongside our Accounts Manager. This is the ideal role for a mathematically adept person with an interest in IT and problem solving. We are looking for someone who is organised and has good attention to detail and a can-do attitude who likes working in a team. Ideally you have some experience in using Microsoft Excel, a genuine interest in the firms aims, and an ability to work under pressure. This is an entry level role that would be suited to a graduate or similar. Lack of relevant work experience is not a hindrance for the right candidate.
Salary will be £20,000 – £22,500 per annum (full time), dependent on experience. For the right candidate there is a full study support package available.
We are looking for someone to start by mid-April 2020.
• Good mathematical abilities.
• Good intellectual abilities.
• Excellent IT skills and an interest in IT including at least intermediate Excel skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• A proven ability to use initiative.
• Superb attention to detail.
• A methodical and efficient approach to the work and excellent organisational skills, including the ability to manage time and competing demands efficiently and to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
• An interest in the work Deighton Pierce Glynn undertakes.
• A desire to build a career in accounts.
• Experience of working in a solicitor’s office or equivalent legal/advice work environment.
• Knowledge of legal aid billing.
• Knowledge of the solicitors accounts rules, specifically those applicable to a legal aid practice.
How to apply
Click here to download the full job description.
Please complete all parts of the Application Form and return from page 3 onwards to us by:
Post: FAO: Annette Webb, Deighton Pierce Glynn, 8 Union Street, London, SE1 1SZ
Closing Date: 8am on 2nd March 2020. Applications received after this time cannot be considered.
Interviews: Successful candidates will be invited to attend a skills test and interview in the week commencing 9th March 2020.
We are committed to making DPG a great place to work and aim to retain our staff. This is a central value for us. We want to employ the best people we can, and therefore positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. Likewise we are keen to encourage applications from disabled people, including using positive action measures provided for under the Equality Act 2010. If you think you may need reasonable adjustments and would like to discuss this before applying, you can speak confidentially to Louise Whitfield, a partner here who is not involved in this recruitment process; you can contact her directly at email@example.com. We will also guarantee an interview to any disabled candidate who meets the essential criteria – please complete the relevant section of the diversity questionnaire when applying. Unfortunately our current London offices are not wheelchair accessible.