29 Oct Admin Assistant (Bristol)
We are looking for an organised and hands-on Admin Assistant with a can-do to attitude to provide administrative and IT support for the staff in our Bristol office and to assist the Bristol PA/Office Manager with the general running of the office.
We are committed to making DPG a great place to work and aim to retain our staff. This is a central value for us. We want to employ the best people we can, and therefore positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. Likewise we are keen to encourage applications from disabled people, including using positive action measures provided for under the Equality Act 2010. If you think you may need reasonable adjustments and would like to discuss this before applying, you can speak confidentially to Louise Whitfield, a partner here who is not involved in this recruitment process; you can contact her directly at email@example.com. We will also guarantee an interview to any disabled candidate who meets the essential criteria – please complete the relevant section of the diversity questionnaire when applying.
• Experience of working in an office.
• Excellent IT skills and an ability to use initiative in relation to IT problems.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to problem solve.
• Ability to draft documents and letters in plain and professional English.
• Superb attention to detail.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Ability to type, computer literacy, and ability to learn to use a telephone system.
• A demonstrable commitment to the ethos of the firm.
• Experience of working sympathetically and effectively with a wide variety of clients, including people with English as a second language and young people or people with mental health needs.
• Experience of handling petty cash, issuing cheques.
• Experience of working in a solicitor’s office or equivalent legal/advice work environment.
• Experience of using social media.
• Experience in handling archiving.
How to apply
Please complete all parts of the Application Form and return to us by:
Post: Deighton Pierce Glynn, Att. Annette Webb, 8 Union Street, London SE1 1SZ
Please quote the job reference 2019/13BRAA in the subject line of your email.
Closing date: midnight on 22 November 2019
Applications received after this time cannot be considered.
Interviews: Suitable candidates will be invited to attend a skills test and interview in the week commencing 2 December 2019.
We are looking for someone to start on 6 January 2020.