22 Nov Administrator
We are looking for a part-time Administrator to work alongside our Bristol Office PA/Office Manager. This is the ideal role for an organised and hands-on person with a can-do attitude. Ideally you have some experience in providing basic IT support, strong problem solving skills and the ability to work under pressure. Previous experience desirable.
Salary will be £16,500 (full time equivalent, to be calculated pro rata) per annum.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
- Good intellectual abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- An ability to answer a busy phone in an appropriate manner to other lawyers/experts/ clients some of whom many have cognitive impairments/have mental health needs/be anxious/have English as a second language.
- A proven ability to use initiative.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to manage time and competing demands efficiently and to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Basic computer literacy including the ability to type.
- A commitment to stay for at least twelve months (which would be extended on the basis of any statutory leave).
- A demonstrable commitment to social justice and/or experience of working sympathetically and effectively with a wide variety of clients, including people with English as a second language and young people or people with mental health needs.
- Experience in solving minor IT problems
- Experience of handling petty cash, issuing cheques.
- Experience in handling filing and archiving.
- 1 year experience as administrator or secretary.
- Experience of working in a solicitor’s office or equivalent legal/advice work environment.
How to apply
Please complete all parts of the application form below and return to us by
Post: Deighton Pierce Glynn, Att. Rebecca Spencer, 8 Union Street, London SE1 1SZ
Please quote the job reference 2017/19BRAD in the subject line of your email.
Closing Date: 8am on Tuesday 2nd January 2018. Applications received after this time cannot be considered.
Interviews: Successful candidates will be invited to interview in the week commencing 9th January 2018.
AN OUTLINE OF THE FIRM
Deighton Pierce Glynn is a highly regarded firm of solicitors specialising in a number of niche areas of civil litigation in which it has a significant national and international profile.
Whoever our clients are and whatever has happened to them we pride ourselves in being able to make the best use of the law for their benefit. We give practical advice about options, help our clients work out their goals and do what can be done to achieve them. Taking a legal case can be a daunting prospect – we try to make sure our clients feel well supported.
We are committed to our staff, who include some of the best lawyers around, and we think it’s important to provide a good working environment, ensuring they have the support and resources they need to excel and promoting a friendly and collaborative working environment.
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity. We think that by doing this, we can provide the best possible service to our clients. We positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.