02 Aug Junior Costs Clerk
We have a friendly and much valued team assisting on costing issues, and we are expanding this to employ someone who can be trained as a cost clerk to assist in this vital work. The work would be primarily to assist on legal aid billing, dealing with queries and electronic archiving of files. You would be trained and working with two other more experienced costing staff. The role would be in our London Bridge office working alongside our friendly practice team. We would consider applications from people who want to do flexible working / part time working.
We are committed to making DPG a great place to work and aim to retain our staff. This is a central value for us. We want to employ the best people we can, and therefore positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. Likewise we are keen to encourage applications from disabled people, including using positive action measures provided for under the Equality Act 2010. If you think you may need reasonable adjustments and would like to discuss this before applying, you can speak confidentially to Louise Whitfield, a partner here who is not involved in this recruitment process; you can contact her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will also guarantee an interview to any disabled candidate who meets the essential criteria – please complete the relevant section of the diversity questionnaire when applying. Unfortunately our current London offices are not wheelchair accessible.
Salary: at least £23,000 but more for someone with experience.
If this sounds like you, then please apply below
- An enthusiasm for numbers and a high level of accuracy when dealing with figures.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Good levels of computer literacy and an enthusiasm to develop IT skills to meet the costing role including basic skills within Microsoft Excel
- An interest and enthusiasm for billing and costing work
- A commitment to the ethos of the firm.
Advantageous but not essential
- Experience working in an accounting based job
- Experience working in a solicitors firm
- Experience of Legal Aid Agency Commission rules and procedures for billing and costing of publicly funded files.
- Experience of court rules and procedures for assessment of bills on an inter partes and legal aid only basis.
- Experience of using CCMS billing
How to apply
Please view the attached Job Description and Person Specification for the role.
Application Pack – download here.
Job Description – download here.
If you are interested in applying please complete a recruitment pack. Completed Recruitment Packs can be returned by
Post: Deighton Pierce Glynn, Att. Joel Nicholls, 8 Union Street, London SE1 1SZ
Please quote the job reference 2019/07CRCC in the subject line of your email.
Closing Date: 8:00 a.m. on 10th September 2019
Applications received after this time cannot be considered.
Interviews: Suitable candidates will be invited to attend a skills test and interview in the week commencing 16th September 2019.