24 Sep A Legal Aid Billing Co-ordinator sought to join our much valued team assisting on costing issues
Come and join our existing friendly and much valued team assisting on costing issues at Deighton Pierce Glynn Solicitors.
Our team of about 25 solicitors undertake legal aid work, some of which results in the recovery of costs from defendants. You will mainly be involved in the billing of legal aid certificated matters but also some IP costs recovery.
The role can be full or part time, preferably based in our London office, with the rest of the billing team, but we will consider applicants who would prefer to work in our Bristol office. Some home working will be possible.
We know that diversity makes us a better firm and helps us attract the best talent, drive innovation with diversity of thought, and deliver the best service to our clients. We recruit on the basis of merit, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, race or ethnicity, marital status, religion, sex, sexual orientation. We particularly welcome black applicants.
- Drafting and processing Legal Aid bills – Claim1s, Claim2s and High Cost Case Plans.
- Experience in checking detailed 3 column and 6 column bills.
- Lodging bills at Court for assessment.
- Assisting with payment of invoices.
- Processing of bills post assessment and preparing Final Costs Certificate.
- General administration of documents – filing, scanning and archiving.
- Liaising with solicitors, counsel, courts and experts.
- Assisting junior members of the team with training and ad hoc queries.
- With the rest of the team help to develop internal billing systems and provide internal training when required.
Salary: at least £30,000 but more for someone with appropriate experience.
The essential and desirable criteria are detailed within the Application Form and more information regarding the role is detailed within the Job description. DPG’s aims and values can be found on our website
How to apply
Please complete all parts of the Application Form and return to us by:
Closing date: 8 am on 30 October 2021.
Interviews: Suitable candidates will be invited to attend a skills test and interview in the week commencing 2 November 2021.